Welcare Central Office is based in the St John the Divine Kennington community centre, close to the Oval underground station on the northern line.
Central Office support the work of all our centre based staff and volunteers by providing a range of administrative services including: –
- Fundraising and Marketing
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Finance Support
The central team work closely with the Trustees.
The Board of Trustees has overall legal responsibility for the charity and are responsible for strategic direction and policy. They are also directors of Southwark Diocesan Welcare for the purposes of the Companies Act 2006.
Trustees are volunteers who are committed to our aims and values and usually meet four times a year as a board. In addition to their specific duties, set out in our governing document, they support the work of the charity by:
- Chairing and participating in the work of sub-committees
- Representing Welcare at community and fundraising events
- Strengthening our relationships with churches and supporters
- Participating in selection interviews