Volunteer Creche Helpers
Closing date: 31 Jul 2020
Purpose of Role
Crèche Helpers assist the group leader to deliver our crèche and family groups. The role includes preparing and joining in with the activities, and providing a friendly and approachable presence for parents and children.
What does the role involve?
- To help organise and prepare activities for family and children’s group sessions
- To assist with clearing away and cleaning the play room and equipment
- To greet mums, dads, carers and children using the service
- To attend and participate in group activities and parenting classes
- To support drop-in sessions
- To help a parent or child build their interpersonal skills and confidence
- To attend the twice yearly volunteer ‘get-togethers’ with other volunteers
- To operate within all relevant policies and guidelines, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality, safeguarding regulations
- To follow advice from line manager and engage in regular supervision
You will need to commit to attend one of the groups each week for the duration of a school term. Current groups are Monday and Tuesday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. Each lasts 1.5 hours. You will receive full training. View training dates here.
- Accurate recording and observation skills
- A clear understanding of the need to maintain boundaries within a professional framework
- An ability to work independently if required
- Approachable, friendly and caring
- Good observation skills
- Understanding and enthusiasm for Welcare and its mission
- Effective communication skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Commitment and reliability
- Excellent time keeping
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding
If you are interested in volunteering for Welcare, please register your interest, and a member of our team will be in touch.