Closing date: 31 Jul 2020
Purpose of the Role – to assist in the delivery of group work sessions for families or children
What does the role involve?
- Organising and preparing the room/activities for the group
- Welcoming those attending the group including offering refreshments
- Giving encouragement to a child or parent and encourage them to engage in activities
- Contributing to supervision/debrief at the end of the group
- Helping clear-up at the end of the session
- Ensuring all problems or concerns are directed to a member of staff
- A regular weekly commitment of at least 3 hours
- Commitment to the charity for a minimum of one year
- Reliability & emotional maturity
- A good grasp of boundaries and the ability to work in a friendly and professional capacity
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding
- Excellent Time keeping
- Enthusiasm for the work of Welcare and its mission.
If you are interested in volunteering for Welcare, please register your interest, and a member of our team will be in touch.