Chair of Board of Trustees
Closing date: 30 Jan 2017
Respect for people within their network of human relationships, and the recognition and fostering of community, are at the centre of Welcare’s work. We derive our values from our Anglican origins and Welcare’s continuing life as a Christian organisation.
Welcare delivers a range of targeted social work and family support services, parenting courses, group work programmes and mentoring services for families with children up to the age of 13 in South London and East Surrey. As part of this we run a Children’s Centre in Redhill, Surrey.
We work with children and families in their own homes, our Welcare centres and other community settings, such as churches and schools, providing practical help and emotional support. Our staff and volunteers’ purpose is to build on the positive elements of family lives and to build trust, enabling them to prevent difficulties from escalating.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic and committed Chair for our Board of Trustees to build on the sterling efforts of our current Chair, David Atterbury Thomas. We have created an ambitious plan for the future as we intend to increase the number of children and families we serve in South London & East Surrey. You will need to be outward facing, have strong networks and an active Christian commitment.
- To provide leadership and direction to the Board of Trustees.
- To enable the Board to fulfil their responsibilities for the overall governance and strategic direction of the organisation.
- To work with the Board and CEO to ensure the charity has the resources to deliver the future plans.
- To ensure that the organisation complies with its governing document, charity law, company law, faith base, and any other relevant legislation or regulation.
- To work with the Chief Executive to ensure that the organisation pursues its objects, as defined in its governing document.
- To optimise the relationship between the Board of Trustees and the staff, and between Welcare and the Diocese of Southwark.
To find out much more about the role and about Welcare please visit our microsite here: www.thewlisgraham.com/assignment-briefings/welcare
Please apply to Sarah Thewlis at email@example.com with a CV and covering letter (in Word format), by 5pm, Monday 30 January 2017. For further information and, to download a candidate brief, please visit www.thewlisgraham.com or contact Sarah Thewlis for a confidential discussion on +44 (0)20 7850 4781.