Closing date: 31 Jul 2020
Purpose of Role: To provide administrative support to a Welcare centre
What does the role involve?
- answering the phone,
- word processing notes and documents
- filing and office tasks
- welcoming guests and clients
- Supporting the social work manager and Family Support Workers
- Assisting staff and supporters
Minimum 7 hours each week
Commitment for a minimum of 6 months – ideally 12 months.
- Friendly and dedicated – keen to help provide administrative support to Welcare
- Warm & welcoming – the role will involve reception duties, including answering the phone, welcoming visitors and ensuring meeting rooms are prepared.
- Ability to operate within relevant policies and guidelines, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality, safeguarding regulations.
- Enthusiasm for Welcare and its mission
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding and confidentiality
- Commitment and Reliability
- Good IT skills
- A high standard of written English
- Clear and warm telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
If you are interested in volunteering for Welcare, please register your interest, and a member of our team will be in touch.