Lent Appeal: Spring Forward for Families
Lent Appeal 2022
This year’s appeal is inspired by the promise of spring and our commitment to work alongside parents in South London and East Surrey to give children secure and confident childhoods. Every penny raised through this appeal will support our work with vulnerable children and families.
Through fundraising, awareness-raising, and prayer, you are helping improve the lives of families struggling with anxiety and mental health issues, dealing with domestic abuse and parental conflict or social isolation due to the special needs of their child. Follow this link to read Mary’s story and how Welcare was able to support her and her son. Read on for ways you can contribute, or scroll to the end of the page to donate online today.
Any way you can get involved will make a big difference, we are hugely grateful for your support. Here are just a few ideas to get you started – and remember please contact us if you would like any promotional resources, such as tote bags, pens, t-shirts, leaflets, and cash buckets, or you would like us to share your event on social media or would like a member of staff to join you either in person or via video link.
For any help or just to request a call back to discuss your ideas please contact email@example.com or telephone 020 7820 7910.
Please keep Welcare and the families we work with in your prayers during this reflective season. Why not open your event with the Welcare prayer?
‘Living God, you have made us in your own image and we live and grow best in companionship with others: bless the work of Welcare with parents, carers and children.
May Welcare staff, volunteers and supporters continue to provide places and spaces where trust is grown, understanding enabled, relationships developed, new confidence found and potential released. Amen’
After what will have been for many a very lonely 2 years, hosting a Lent lunch with family and friends, or members of your church congregation is an easy way to be together. A simple meal of soup and bread takes the stress out of more elaborate entertaining and guests are simply asked to donate what they would have spent on the meal to our Spring Appeal – we have gift aid envelopes available or guests can donate online using the form below.
Looking for inspiration? You could try one of these hearty and healthy recipes for all your guests to enjoy:
As the days get brighter and longer, why not get your walking shoes on and get out for a walk to raise money?
- Sponsored Walks: Ask friends, family, church members, and colleagues to sponsor you to complete a walk. Maybe you could try a local trail, pick up the Thames Path in your local area, or even do a couple of laps around your local park.
- Step Counting Sponsorship: Ask friends, family, church members, and colleagues to sponsor you to walk 10,000 steps a day, or even 400,000 steps across the full 40 days of Lent. To get your steps up, you could walk to work or school instead of getting the bus, go out for a walk as a family at the weekend, or use the stairs instead of the lift or escalator
For the 40 days of Lent why not give up one of your favourite treats and save up the money you would usually spend on it to donate to Welcare?
- By giving up a chocolate bar a day you could save around £25
- By giving up an evening glass of wine you could save around £50
- By giving up a café brought coffee a day you could save around £95