Our Vision, Mission & Values
Our vision is of a world where every child and family is respected, included and resilient, and able to overcome challenges in life. We believe that by working together we can create a society where parents and children have the confidence to recognise and seize every opportunity to flourish.
Our mission is to work alongside parents to give children secure and confident childhoods and to enable them to thrive in the future. Welcare is a charity, based on Christian values, working in South London and East Surrey. We strive to empower families with children up to the age of 13 by offering practical and emotional support to overcome challenges and change their lives for the better.
To achieve our vision and mission we aim to :
- Support families and children to develop resilience, confidence and self-esteem
- Enable children and families to thrive within their communities
- Provide practical support to meet immediate needs
- Work with families to prevent the need for statutory social work interventions
- Develop our services to meet children’s emotional health and well being
- Work collaboratively with the community, schools and churches
Our Core Values
We are proud of our Christian heritage and identity and derive our values from our Anglican origins. We believe that the essence of these values is shared by those of other faiths and none.
Inclusive – our services are open and are offered unconditionally to all who have needs we can help.
Nurturing – we strengthen and inspire families by being flexible and responsive to the evolving needs of children and families.
Collaborative –we work in partnership with children, their families and other agencies.
Trusted – we are a respected and established charity that is honest, transparent and accountable. Our services are supervised by professionally qualified staff.
Beneficiary-focused – we always put the safety and wellbeing of children and families first.