Volunteer Group Assistants – South West London
Closing date: 01 Apr 2018
We are recruiting volunteers to assist in the delivery of our parenting classes and group activities for families.
- To help organise and prepare activities for family and children’s group sessions.
- To attend and participate in group activities and parenting classes
- To support drop-in sessions
- To help a parent or child build their interpersonal skills and confidence
- To give encouragement and support the parent or child to engage in the activities
- To provide an additional calm and approachable presence within the group
- Provide additional observation of participants’ development within the group setting
- To attend the twice yearly volunteer ‘get-togethers’ with other volunteers
- To operate within all relevant policies and guidelines, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality, safeguarding regulations
- To follow advice from line manager and engage in regular supervision
- Enthusiasm for Welcare and its mission
- Effective communication skills
- Reliability and emotional maturity
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- A good grasp of boundaries and the ability to work in a friendly yet professional capacity
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding
- Approachable and caring
- Good observation skills
- Excellent time keeping
You should be able to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week for the duration of a school term. You will receive full training and must commit to attend a minimum of 14 hours training. View training dates here.
Download our volunteer application form below and email the form to email@example.com. Please apply at any time up until noon on the day of the deadline, interviews are held on an ongoing basis.