Volunteer Fundraising Admin Assistant
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Welcare is seeking an enthusiastic and creative volunteer to support our fundraising and communications administration. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within the charity sector.
Based: Welcare Central Office, 19 Frederick Crescent, London, SW9 6XN
Hours: Ideally we are looking for someone who can volunteer for two days per week from 10-2 (however we can be flexible within office hours)
Length of role: We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to three months in this role, but if this is an issue for you please speak to us
What are the main tasks?
- Supporting with input and maintaining of data on the fundraising database
- Assisting with planning, promoting and delivering upcoming events
- Ordering and distributing marketing materials, and maintaining local stock levels
- Sending out materials and fundraising packs for fundraisers
- Assisting with mass mailings, thanking donors and filing gift aid declarations
- Helping to keep the website up to date, adding regular news items and events information
- Supporting the Fundraising Manager and other staff to maximise use of social media channels, and responding to any online communication
- Responding to general queries from the public
- Assisting with researching and approaching national and international organisations, for event sponsorships, partnerships, and donations from corporate foundations
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks to support the Fundraising Manager
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated, well-organised, enthusiastic individual who is passionate about helping people and willing to get stuck in with whatever is required – this can vary from day-to-day. You must be able to work on your own as well as in a team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but ambitious charity during a period of focused activity for the Fundraising Manager and the wider charity.
We are seeking a motivated and talented volunteer with the following:
- Strong communication skills and a good level of written and oral communication – must be happy to make outward phone calls
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft packages
- An interest in/experience of social media, website editing and using online tools to raise awareness would be desirable
- Attention to detail, proof reading skills and accuracy
- Patience and a friendly manner
- Flexibility and ability to carry out a range of tasks as required
- A knowledge/experience of using databases would be an advantage
- A willingness to learn new skills and ask questions
- Dedication and reliability
- An enthusiasm for Welcare’s cause and mission
How to apply
Download our volunteer application form below and email the form along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us at: Welcare, 19 Frederick Crescent, London, SW9 6XN.
We will be reviewing and inviting applicants for an informal meeting on a rolling basis so please apply as soon as you can. Once a suitable applicant is appointed the role will be closed.