Community Volunteers – East Surrey
Closing date: 01 Sep 2017
Community volunteers provide help and basic support to our staff and services. They may volunteer on an ad-hoc basic or prefer a more regular pattern. Activities can include; basic help in the office, organising meeting or activities rooms, helping organise refreshments at a Parent Drop-in, sorting clothes or food collections, as well as non-regular admin support, such as helping with display boards or mass mail-outs.
Welcare in Redhill, 24 Warwick Road, Redhill, East Surrey, RH1 1BU
- A friendly and dedicated individual to help provide support and help when required
- To operate within all relevant policies and guidelines, including health and safety, equal opportunities, confidentiality, safeguarding regulations.
- The role may include
- Sorting through food and clothing donations
- Helping with mass mail outs or updating display boards
- Welcoming visitors and ensuring meeting rooms are prepared
- Enthusiasm for Welcare and our mission
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- An understanding of the importance of safeguarding and confidentiality
- Commitment and reliability
The activities and time given can be flexible. Volunteers may like to offer a number of days per month or prefer to help on a seasonal basis. The position may commence on a trail basis. Volunteers will be required to attend 6 hours of Effective Volunteering training, which can either be taken in a full day session or in shorter sessions across a number of afternoons.
Download our volunteer application form below and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply at any time up until noon on the day of the deadline, interviews are held on an ongoing basis.